Below are the program highlights to provide further information about the education at a school for children with Autism.
Individualized instruction that is based on ABA and Structured Teaching Model
- Servicing all children with ASD high to low functionality
- Emphasis placed on motivating all students
- Continuum of services tailored to meet each individual student needs
- Dedicated to providing the highest quality of education
- Classrooms tailored to the educational level of each student
- Small group/individualized instruction
- Speech Therapy/OT provided by certified personnel
- Integrated curriculum aligned with the state standards
- Life Skills building activities
- Teacher/Therapist/Parent collaboration intended to develop the most comprehensive program
OUR MISSION Is To Assist And Provide An Education To Every Student With Autism To Be Equipped And Able To Achieve Academic, Social, And Behavioral Excellence In An Environment Centered On Strong Character Values.
Read below about the specific teaching techniques for children with Autism. At a school for children with Autism, the focus is on a broad array of academics and skill building such as social skills, that will help the development of each student.
- Comprehensive program for Writing, Reading, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Research and standard based
- Designed to meet individual learning styles and levels
- Small group and individual instruction with a 1:2 teacher to student ratio for low functioning students and a 1:4 or 4 teacher ratio for higher functioning students
- Daily work on Individualized Educational Plan goals to target their individual needs
- Students have Art, Music, and PE weekly
- Daily Social Skill/Life Skill lessons taught
- Technology tools used in every classroom to meet the needs of each student. Technology tools include: iPads, laptops, Smart Boards, and the latest assistive technology
Learn more about the educational curriculum for children with Autism. The focus is to teach the students academics and incorporate social skills to enhance their development.
- PCI -The PCI Reading Program is a Research-Based, Evidence-Based Reading Program for Students with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Soar to Success – A research-based reading intervention program for students in grades 3-8 who are reading significantly below grade level delivered in a small group model.
- Raz-Kids Reading – Computerized leveled reading for supplemental reading support on a child’s individual level.
Every Autistic child is born with a unique set of individual strengths and talents. For reasons that are currently the focus of extensive behavioral research, they face special challenges to communicate these unique gifts with their outside environment and develop protective behavioral mechanisms early in life or even before they are born. The endless variety of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) has been challenging scientists, psychologists, therapists and – most of all – parents over the past decades and is on the increase in the US. The Autism Academy for Education and Development intends to offer a progressive service for families with Autistic students by integrating the latest behavior technologies in their programs. Developing specific teaching techniques and activities for children with Autism help to strengthen their education. Genius Coaching can offer several important pieces to solve this behavior puzzle and empower Autistic students to flourish in a regular human environment.