Para Educator Job Description
Para Educator Position
Para Educator Job Responsibilities: The following duties and job description are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee
- Assist with classroom instruction in a whole or small group setting.
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials, IEP goals and skills
- Prepare instructional materials and supplies for use
- Measure and report on student progress as requested by the classroom teacher.
- Maintain supervision and safety of students at all times
- Use appropriate behavior management techniques
Physical Demands May Include:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling
- Assist with lifting, holding or positioning students with disabilities (including physical, behavioral, learning, etc.)
- Sitting or stooping on the floor for extended periods of time
- Standing or bending over repeatedly throughout the day
- Outside duties (assist with car line, field trips, and supervising students on playground)
- Must work well in noisy and crowded environments
- Independent mobility to move about the classroom and campus throughout the day.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- Mastery and enthusiasm for best practices in autism education
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- Effective and professional communication
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
Hours: 28-34 hours per week when school is in session
Pay Range: $13.00-$15.00 per hour, depending on education and experience
Autism Academy for Education and Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hire qualified employees for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factors prohibited by law.