Learn more about the upper-level educational curriculum for children with Autism. The concentration is to teach each student academics and incorporate social skills to enhance their development.
CURRICULUM FOR MIDDLE / HIGH SCHOOL
Aligned with Arizona standards and follows the Arizona graduation requirements.
READING & LITERATURE
- PCI Program – Research & Evidence-based Reading program for Students with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Soar to Success – Research-based reading intervention program for students through middle school who are reading below grade level in a small group model.
- AGS Exploring Literature – High School based curriculum.
- PCI Program – Research & Evidence-based Math program for Students with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Momentum Math – Foundation for Algebra through concepts, procedures, and language.
- PRO-ED Pre-Algebra – Helps students with different learning styles.
- Algebra – Helps students through scaffold examples and real world connections. Interactive web-based practice available.
SCIENCE & SOCIAL STUDIES
Science and social studies are integrated within each day as a separate period utilizing a standards-based curriculum.
Transition plans for students age 15 and up are an important part of an IEP at the Academy. Transition plans will help support each student and family, post High School goals and the steps needed to reach each goal. A+ Academy will also provide families with options after High School such as college, vocational placements, day programs, and assisted living programs.