Return To School
We have had a successful start to the reopening of our campuses with our hybrid learning program. It has been wonderful to have some of our students return to campus! We know how important it is for students return to the classrooms. Our team has worked diligently on a plan to give families the option of full time on campus learning. Beginning second quarter we will no longer offer a hybrid learning plan. Hybrid learning will be replaced with full-time in person learning when we return from Fall Break.
Return To Learning Plan
Option 1: Full Time in Person Learning (Monday- Thursday and Friday 1/2 day): October 12th, 2020 (Tempe, WV, Chandler and October 19th (Tucson).
- On campus five days a week
- Regular school hours
- Following normal school calendar and schedule
Option 2: Full Time Remote Learning – Students participate in the learning remotely Monday-Friday
- Students participate in the learning of new material, interactive lessons, therapy, and graded assignments, Monday-Friday.
- This can be live direct instruction, combined with whole-class discussion and interaction
- Staff will hold live meetings and sessions via Microsoft Teams to provide opportunities for interactive support and instruction.
- Lessons are also recorded so students can watch at their convenience if unable to attend live.
- All specials classes will be recorded sessions. (Art, Music, PE, Computers, Cooking)
- Student will have a one on one session every two weeks with their teacher
What is COVID – 19?
Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. There are several known coronaviruses that infect people and usually only cause mild respiratory disease, such as the common cold. Information sourced from Maricopa County Department of Public Health. (2020, March). About The Virus. Maricopa County. https://www.maricopa.gov/5488/About
Where To Get The Latest Updates
Please visit www.maricopa.gov/coronavirus for the latest information and news in the Maricopa county area regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
Please visit www.pinalcountyaz.gov/PublicHealth/ for the latest information and news in the Pinal county area regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
- Talking to your children about COVID-19: https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource
- How To Protect Yourself and Others: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention-H.pdf
- Up-to-date information on COVID-19: http://www.cdc.gov/COVID19